I am a communications and design professional seeking opportunities to channel my passion for helping others while fulfilling business and/or client needs.
Communications Specialist Cambridge Associates / February 2014 – December 2015
Sole graphic design and communications specialist in Strategic Marketing Group, supporting Global Business Development in eight offices firm-wide around the globe.
- Coordinated materials from various offices to ensure consistency and quality, worked with department heads storyboarding, and created compelling decks showcasing digital platforms, service models and capabilities
- Created and managed the distribution of HTML emails for various events such as conferences, client meetings, product launches and special client events
- Created various conference materials such as presentation slide templates, banners, signage and agendas and worked with vendors to ensure top quality materials
- Designed and implemented webinars showcasing new services, branding rollout and annual firm review
Independent Contractor elevindavis designs, Plymouth, MA, 2013 – Current
- Successfully created and designed polished presentation decks for various clients within Fidelity Investments resulting in an open-ended contract and continuous assignments
- Created custom presentations on demand and kept costs down by working efficiently and delivering finished product before set deadlines
- Managed workflow, expectations and deadlines off-site by working with project managers, setting up meetings, conference calls, and communicating production calendars to all parties. Accommodated emergency requests based on Marketing’s quick changing priorities.
Presentation Designer Eaton Vance, Boston, MA 2011 – 2013
One of three designers in Brand Marketing supporting Eaton Vance Distributors, Eaton Vance Management, and Eaton Vance Investment Counsel.
- Designed and implemented dynamic, compelling presentations for both Retail and Institutional divisions using best practices for sales conferences and over 30 industry events internationally
- Supported email marketing team by producing HTML email templates with specific call to action, increasing travel to company website and adding subscriptions to advisor programs and services.
- Established brand guidelines for formatting and content that was used company-wide for presentations, sales materials and thought leadership pieces both for print and web distribution.
- Designed presentation templates, collateral for conferences, produced slide shows on-site and partnered with vendors to ensure quality control such as managing technical issues with projection, managing speaker’s comfort levels and ensuring top-quality professional-looking slides
Graphic Designer Custom Media Group, State Street Global Advisors, Boston, MA 2005 – 2011
Part of a team responsible for the maintenance and distribution of over 350+ standard presentation decks including quarterly data updates, ensuring consistency of company guidelines, compliance policies, and creating customized decks for Institutional Marketing.
- Assisted in the rollout of Qvidian, web-based content management system which involved the organization of product presentation decks, creation and uploading of new materials, Compliance approval processes and the uploading of over 350+standards to the web
- Responsible for the design and production of a bi-monthly web based HTML email distributed to entire Sales and Marketing staff educating end users on the presentation production process and content-management system; created list of topics for tips and tricks email, and produced workflow calendar for each topic. Example of contribution includes a piece on presentation elements for end-users and created web graphics for each email, streamlining production process.
- Managed a variety of creative projects from concept to completion ranging from customized presentations, quarterly publications, trade show materials, and the design of the company holiday card that was distributed globally. A need arose for a new banner to update company tradeshow booth. Created the design and worked with vendor on production directly, saving the company thousands in outsourcing costs.
Castleton University, Castleton, Vermont
Bachelor’s of Science, Communications –1994
Computer Career Institute at Clark University, Braintree Massachusetts,
Certificate in Desktop Publishing and Web Design – 2000
Cape Cod Community College, WordPress Certification course – 2014
General Assembly User Experience Design course – 2016
References available upon request.